Re: Avoiding low-memory warning in preseed mode

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 08:17:39AM +0200, Fred Boiteux wrote:
> Hello David,

Hello Mailinglist,

> Thanks anyway for your analyze :-)   Yes, the first sentence I've posted
> should work, but it doesn't ! And following your thoughts, I've noticed that
> this kind of debian-installer's preseed 'note' type occurs in other parts of
> the example preseed file, the syntax seems correct. Perhaps a bug in the
> debian-installer system ?

Not understanding something is not a bug,
not understanding that a reply goes below the previous text is.   :-)

> Le 03/10/2019 à 05:56
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 13:38
> > On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 21:11
} } ... lowmem/note goes before language selection ...

language selection is needed before preseed file is read.
So lowmem/note needs also be set kernel parameter.

It is (somewhat) documented
at https://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.amd64/apbs02.html#preseed-bootparms

Groeten
Geert Stappers