Re: how to setup a small local Debian mirror to install a VM without an internet access

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 06:23:09PM +0200, Fred Boiteux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install automatically (using preseed) a Debian Buster 10.1
> system on a VM hosted on a system without internet access, using a netboot.
>
> ... installer is detecting the VM's disk, and after partitionning it,
> it tries to download some Debian packages to install a minimal system on
> this new disk. For this purpose, i've setup a local Debian mirror copying
> the files on DVD-1 debian installer, but the debian-installer refuse to use
> it, because it's not GPG-signed, and so fails to install any package  :

    ... errors ...

> Yet, I have in my preseed.txt the following statement :
>
> # By default the installer requires that repositories be authenticated
> # using a known gpg key. This setting can be used to disable that
> # authentication. Warning: Insecure, not recommended.
> #d-i debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated boolean true
> d-i debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated boolean true
>
> How can I tell Debian-installer, through the preseed file or another mean,
> to use my [unsigned] repository ?

Visit archive of this mailinglist.
In september (this year) there was posting
} I have documented that, visit my blog
I don't remember authors name. Neither had time to check it
what it documents better then what is in "debian dot org".

And in september I made some effort to answer simular question.
I think I hinted on checking the webserver log for 404 errors.

No hardfeelings. Feel free to report progress.
And yes, "progress" is explaining the new place where you are stuck.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven