Re: Avoiding low-memory warning in preseed mode

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 13:38, David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also tried Samuel's suggestion,
just for self-education purposes, to follow along and see
what I can learn.

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 21:11, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:

> As suggested in the "Creating a preconfiguration file" section of the
> installation manual, the easiest way is to install by hand in these
> conditions and then use debconf-get-selections --installer

On this machine I am running now I get the below output,
which I hope is useful just as an example for discussion.

All the lines in it look similar to what you provided in your original
message. So I'm not clear how running that command will
provide any extra information that would solve your issue.

I can understand how it would be helpful in the case
of Type:boolean, but I don't see how it helps in the situation of
Type:note, that I've just learned about today.

# debconf-get-selections --installer | grep -E '\bnote\b'
d-i    save-logs/httpd_running    note
partman-crypto    partman-crypto/nothing_to_setup    note
d-i    cdrom-checker/firstcd    note
finish-install    finish-install/reboot_in_progress    note
partman-lvm    partman-lvm/displayall    note
partman-base    partman/show_partition_chs    note
d-i    localechooser/translation/none-yet    note
d-i    localechooser/help/locale    note
d-i    cdrom-detect/success    note
partman-base    partman/show_free_chs    note
nobootloader    nobootloader/confirmation_powerpc_pasemi    note
partman-lvm    partman-lvm/help    note
d-i    cdrom-detect/unetbootin_detected    note
netcfg    netcfg/dhcp_failed    note
d-i    di-utils-shell/do-shell    note
lilo-installer    lilo-installer/serial-console    note
d-i    save-logs/insert_floppy    note
d-i    cdrom-checker/askmount    note
d-i    cdrom-checker/passed    note
nobootloader    nobootloader/confirmation_powerpc_chrp_pegasos    note
d-i    save-logs/no_network    note
netcfg    netcfg/wpa_supplicant_failed    note
netcfg    netcfg/kill_switch_enabled    note
partman-crypto    partman-crypto/tools_missing    note
d-i    lowmem/low    note
partman-target    partman-target/help    note
d-i    localechooser/translation/no-select    note
nobootloader    nobootloader/confirmation_common    note
partman-base    partman/exception_handler_note    note