Re: Thai support in framebuffer d-i: test images available

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> Quoting Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (thep@debian.org):
>> One small problem, though, is that if a line is ended with
>> combining character, that combining character will not
>> shown. But this is not so serious, and may be
>> bterm's (or newt's) problem, not d-i's by itself.
>
> That's certainly a bug that needs to be reported though. The problem is
> most likely in bogl-bterm.
>
> So please file a bug report, and I'd suggest that you CC Eugeniy (although
> his original patch is from 2004, so...). Or maybe you know someone in the
> Thai community that could look into it?

In fact, what I observed was not true. When I checked it again, I found
that not all cases had this problem. Only one or two did. And the lines
with this problem happened to be long enough to touch the dialog border.
So, I tend to believe it's newt's problem.

Regarding how this affects d-i, I'd say it's nothing near a show-stopper.
(As I said, only one or two cases are found.) It could be enabled as-is.
But, of course, fixing the problem would make it perfect.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/