Re: Thai support in framebuffer d-i

On Wednesday 10 February 2010, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> For sure, I've tried it again by choosing to run a shell under d-i
> environment (BusyBox), then mount my /home partition and
> cat some Thai text files. And it works.

So you only mounted /home? You did not first chroot into the root of the
installed system?

In that case, please send:
- a text file containing missing characters (in UTF-8 encoding) that are
  relevant for the installer
- an example file with a Thai text
- a screenshot of how that example file is supposed to look

I'll then give it a try myself.

> > 2) Did you also try it in the very early stages of the installation?
>
> I don't know how I can do this.

The same way you do it during later stages...
The important point here is the "load additional installer components"
step. I want to know if it works the same before that step as after that
step.

Cheers,
FJP