Re: Driver injection disk debconf templates in D-I

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):

> Latest attempt:

>   Installing on this hardware may require some drivers provided by the
>   manufacturer to be loaded from the built-in driver injection disk.

Seems fair. The keyword here seems to be "built-in". Also, I suppose
that this template will be shown only when hardware that has this
feature is being used as this is something quite unusual to have.

(by the way, what hardware are we talking about?  I would quite
blindly assume this might me hardware provided with some netbooks that
are pre-installed with Ubuntu or something like this.... I don't
really see generic HW manufacturers taking care to provide an embarked
drivers injection disk for an "obscure" Linux distribution...:-)).

Here's the current status of the review. Please note that we didn't
change the main menu item template, which still has this "OEM"
thing. One should remember that menu items text is limited to 65
characters to avoi dcluttering the main D-I menu on 80x25 displays.
I can't find anything better.

If we assume that this menu item is only shown when such hardware is
detected (and does not appear for any install), that could be OK. This
would be the case if the udeb is only loaded by the installer when the
relevant HW is detected.

Template: debian-installer/driver-injection-disk-detect/title
Type: text
#  Main menu item
# :sl1:

Template: driver-injection-disk/load