Re: Driver injection disk debconf templates in D-I

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I see there is some confusion about this feature.  This new udeb
> provide an automatic way to activate driver debs that are made
> available as part of the hardware.  The internal driver disk is part
> of the hardware (think USB stick that is part of the BIOS or ILO/DRAC
> devices), and not a removable media.  The new udeb detect such devices
> and take care of the driver loading.  I hope this explains more what
> it is.

Wow, so it's only a "driver disk" in a sort of analogical sense;
that's a pretty good justification for giving it a name of its own.
"Driver injection" is jargon, but at least it's likely to be what
the accompanying hardware docs call it.

Latest attempt:

  Installing on this hardware may require some drivers provided by the
  manufacturer to be loaded from the built-in driver injection disk.