Re: Is it possible to create several LV on a VG with different names using partman ?

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 08:06:43AM +0200, Grégory Oestreicher wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:19:20PM +0200, Grégory Oestreicher wrote:
> > I was planning to have another look at it soon, but if you have the time
> > to update and test it before that, that would indeed be great. :)
>
> Well I had some time to merge both patches by hand (not a big deal) and
> they still apply to the latest SVN of all required packages.
>
> However I could not test it yet as I wasn't able to boot any Lenny CD
> image (bot genuine or remastered for the tests) using qemu on an Etch
> system.

Try passing "-std-vga", as I think vesamenu might be the issue.

Another more twisted way to workaround graphic card issues:
 * Start qemu with "-nographic",
 * Press "Control-a", then "c",
 * Type "sendkey tab", then "sendkey spc", then "sendkey c", then
   (ommiting "sendkey") 'o', 'n', 's', 'o', 'l', 'e', 'equal', 't', 't',
   'y', 'shift-s', '0' and finally 'ret'.
 * Press "Control-a", then "c" again, and you should be in front of a
   d-i through serial console installation.

> While I search a workaround, I attach the patch and the test recipes
> modified to add some "randomly" placed lvname{ } to this message in
> case someone has the possibility to test them. When tested, they can
> be added to the bugreport.

Please also test "normal" guided partitioning using LVM and LVM+crypto,
if you can.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism