AW: problems with my partman recipe

Hi!

I have to apologize: I'm not used to mailing lists as I am able to solve
the most problems myself or with the help of my good old friend google.

So here's some additional information: I'm using Lenny and got the kernel
and initrd from http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/

Setting /home to a max size of 1000000000 didn't work, but creating an additional
primary partition does (a bit). I added:

512 512 1000000000 ext3                                 \
        $primary{ }                                             \
        method{ format } format{ }                      \
        use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
        mountpoint{ /foo } .

Adding this not as $primary, but as $lvmok doesn't work, either.
However: I end up with more than 3GB swap although I told partman
to use only 1.
Is there some program I can feed a recipe into and get what partman would do?

greez

   Mario