Re: Is it possible to create several LV on a VG with different names using partman ?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 09:54:12AM +0200, BUFFARD Adrien wrote:
> I'm currently creating a debian autoinstaller and I'm facing issues
> creating partitions with partman.
> I would like to create a VG called "name" with LV on it called lv_home,
> lv_tmp,lv_usr,lv_var, etc ...
> Is it possible to include the creation of those VG and LVs using d-i
> preseed configuration file ?

Not currently, but there is two patches against partman-auto-lvm that
needs to be merged and tested.  See #462396 [1] for Volume Group naming
support and #484272 [2] for Logical Volume naming support.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/462396
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/484272

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism