Re: Proposal: move win32-loader in SVN repository

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> About the migration in SCM changes, it does matter.
>
> When we're migrating from SVN to another SCM we'll need to do partial
> migrations for all previous places the source where and do a move add
> another point where we'll need another migration.
>
> Example:
>
> r100:
>   /packages/foo
> r101
>   /trunk/foo
>
> If we were migrating foo, the source, we'd need to make a migration
> from r1 to r100 using /packages/foo, get the result and then do
> another migration using r101 /trunk/foo to allow it to continue to
> grab the code history.

My experience with git-svn when converting my own package repository
(which was converted strangely from cvs and moved lots of directories
around) is that it did a great job of following the moves and collecting
the whole history.

I wasn't able to extract single packages from my combined repository
into separated repositories using the svn admin tools (failed several
times), but it was quite easy with git-svn.

(Or possibly with the deprecated git-svnimport, I forget which..)

--
see shy jo