Re: Proposal: move win32-loader in SVN repository

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> FWIW, I think this move of win32-loader is pretty silly, both from the
> perspective of why we originally decided to have a packages/
> subdirectory, and in that it seems to assume win32-loader is a special
> case, which it isn't --

> mklibs

Agreed. I already proposed (on IRC) to move that to directly below trunk as
well. Bastian replied that then lib-di should be moved as well, but that's
not comparable

So, unless there are strong objections I will also move mklibs.
busybox, which is currently in people/waldi, should also be moved directly
below trunk when Bastian is ready to move it out of his people dir.

> kernel-wedge

True, but that is so closely related to the kernel-*-di-* components that
its current location does make sense.

> debian-installer, and debian-installer-manual

And these already do live directly below trunk...

> also live in-tree w/o producing udebs.

One of my arguments was that translators can expect a package under
packages/ to be integrated in the D-I translation infrastructure, which is
just not the case for win32-loader. Having it directly under trunk makes
the package a lot more accessible and makes it clear to translators that it
_is_ a separate package.

So, I really don't think "silly" is appropriate here.

Cheers,
FJP