Re: Proposal: move win32-loader in SVN repository

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
>
>> I'm personally not in favor of moving tasksel to D-I.
>> D-I SVN is not "all your source are belong to us"...
>

> Well, I volunterily launched this, about tasksel because I feel like
> the package is, in reality, maintained by the D-I team since about
> 2004.
>
> Joey is definitely the one who bringed the most to it (working on it
> with big "hops") so I think he should have the last work on this.
>
> Pros: l10n, definitely. Translators are the same ones and the only
>       ones who aren't allowed to tasksel but are for d-i are those I
>       forgot to add
>
> Cons: Frans argument is valid, certainly. We don't want to give this
> feeling and if someone wants to step deeper into tasksel, we don't
> want to prevent him|her to do so.

I'm with you and think that it should be moved to d-i repository. I
don't agree with Frans argument that aptitude and apt fits in same
cathegory since it's not maintained by d-i team.

tasksel is so "d-i team maintained" that its commit messages shows up
on #debian-boot so makes sense to keep it in same svn repository.

This is up to Joey to ack or nack this move from my POV.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116