Re: versions of debian-installer

Geert Stappers wrote:
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:42:06AM -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:

I renamed this iso to debian-testing-amd64-netinst-5-13-06.iso

Why not use such a naming system so people can see which build the iso was based on?

The full URL contains the build date.

Not really - http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

Is there a better place to get pure amd64?

How valuable are install bug reports if there is no reference to which install was run?

The installed system and the ramdisk during install contains
the file /etc/lsb-release  which has build date.

That says 20060408 -- but that is a lie - the files in the base directory of the iso have the more recent date I'm referring to.

These are the daily built images.

I'm still dead in the water - I even tried installing unbuntu and tried to move the install to testing - ubuntu worked, (had a 2.6.12 kernel) but trying to move to a pure Debian system turned into a total disaster.

If I could get an install to go far enough that I can install a more recent kernel I think it would work.

It might be that I need to go with a different kernel image - the generic instead of the K8?

I renamed this iso to debian-testing-amd64-netinst-5-13-06.iso

I doubt there is may 15th 2006 build of amd64.
Please prove me wrong by booting with that ISO-image,
switch to the second virtual console (by ALT-F2)
and type `cat /etc/lsb-release` to get the actual build date.
You can do that with any harm to the installed system
(no need to re-install)

Something is very wrong with that date - did they back up to an older version with older bugs?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Why are so many spending time watching dark movies about
hopelessness, the macabre, and perversion; why are they reading
books about unfaithfulness and self destruction?  Why is nothing
uplifting, also considered 'cool' or entertaining? -kps