Re: versions of debian-installer

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:42:06AM -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:

> I renamed this iso to debian-testing-amd64-netinst-5-13-06.iso
>
> Why not use such a naming system so people can see which build the iso was
> based on?

The full URL contains the build date.

> How valuable are install bug reports if there is no reference to
> which install was run?

The installed system and the ramdisk during install contains
the file /etc/lsb-release  which has build date.

> I renamed this iso to debian-testing-amd64-netinst-5-13-06.iso

I doubt there is may 15th 2006 build of amd64.
Please prove me wrong by booting with that ISO-image,
switch to the second virtual console (by ALT-F2)
and type `cat /etc/lsb-release` to get the actual build date.
You can do that with any harm to the installed system
(no need to re-install)

Cheers
Geert Stappers