Re: G-I - New challenge: dependency of pango on cairo

Frans Pop wrote:
On Wednesday 21 December 2005 18:42, Dave Beckett wrote:
The alternative is this, which looks more complete and was posted to
the Cairo list last month.  It even mentions Debian:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2005-November/005625.html

Yeah, we kind of started that off by choosing directfb for the installer :-) See this thread for the context:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-November/msg00057.html

This is probably the way to go when this is officially released. That's why I'm confident we can do this as a shortterm solution and switch later.

As mike posted on directfb-dev today [1], merging Cairo's DFB backend onto Cairo mainline is near; also, consider that mike will attend at the Extremadura January meeting, so there is some concrete chance that cairo will have very soon a working DFB backend without the need for patches to be applied to sources.

ciao

Attilio

[1]
http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2005-December/001168.html