d-i devcamp 22th to 26th of September in Oldenburg?

[Martin Schulze]
> You are welcome, of course.

Thank you very much.

The Oldenburg meeting takes place 22th to 26th of September this year.

I suggest we do this similar to last year.  Andreas Schuldei accepted
to take care of recites and other paperwork, and I hope Kurt Gramlich
are interested in assisting as well.  Last year, I'm told Skolelinux
spent ~30k NOK on the d-i devcamp.  This years budget (upper limit) is
40k NOK (~4750 EUR/~5759 USD).  It is good if we can get away with
less.  Most of the funds should be spent on covering travel expenses
for the d-i developers, but the nearby Debian-Edu developers can get
their travel expenses covered if the expenses are low. :)

I expect the organizers at the Oldenburg meeting could use some
funding as well.  That is fine, as long as most of the funds are spent
on covering travel and food for the d-i developers.  Andreas decides
how the funds are spent, with input from Joey Hess, Kurt Gramlich,
Vidar Bakke and me.  Joey Hess has most to say when it comes to
selecting d-i developers in need of travel support.

The following persons have told me on or off the list that they were
interested:

  Thorsten Sauter <tsauter@debian.org>
  Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
  Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
  Dennis Stampfer <seppy@debian.org>
  Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@soziologie.ch>
  Kurt Gramlich <kurt@skolelinux.de>
  Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
  Martin F Krafft <madduck@debian.org>
  Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>
  Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@computer.org>
  Matt Kraai <kraai@ftbfs.org>
  Frederik Dannemare <frederik@dannemare.net>

That list should be a starting point for planning the trip.  Andreas,
you need to collect cost estimates from everyone interested in getting
their travel covered, and use this to decide who will get their trip
funded.

A map reference for Oldenburg is available from
<URL:http://www.multimap.com/wi/browse.cgi?client=public&X=950000.31569533&Y=7050000.18627712&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=1000000&down.x=184&down.y=5>.

A summary from last years meeting is available from
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2003/09/msg00850.html>.  Info
used when organizing the trip last year is available from
<URL:http://people.debian.org/~pere/debian-installer/di-debcamp-2003-1.html>.

I'm most likely going to miss the Oldenburg meeting.  I'm invited to a
custom Debian distributions workshop in Florence on the 24th, and am
going to give that meeting priority.  Sorry about that.