Re: Who do you have to sleep with / bribe / shoot to get an answer about RAID support

> Excuse me, but how exactly is yet another snobbish tirade helpful to
> anyone?  The "do it your own damn self" responses are useless, not
> helpful to anyone and only serve to boost the ego of the writer.
> Offers to help are useful.  Offers to work together are useful.
> Suggestions of other people working on this are helpful.  Yet another
> snob wanting to feel superior by saying "do it your own damn self"
> ISN'T.

The -boot list isn't a good place for this conversation, either, frankly.
But people would like to see you understand how things work, and so they
are trying to work with you.

How about a different tack:

You are a corporate user.  You are asking people to do things for free to
help your business run better that you have not yet (as far as I can see)
expressed willingness to support.  If you want to 'encourage' someone to
do something, you could try bribing them with a hardware donation or some
financial support.  It Can Work.

--elijah