Re: not releasing powerpc (Re: beta3 released)

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:04:45PM -0500, Rick_Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 06:44, Sven Luther wrote:
 [ PowerPC PowerMac tester needed ]

> I have an interest in seeing oldworld power macs work, and I have a
> PowerMac 6500 and beige Mac G3 tower I can dedicate to the task.  I
> don't have the expertise or the time (only about an hour a night,
> realistically) to do anything but testing -- follow fairly explicit
> directions and report results -- but I'm willing to do what I can.

That is a nice offer.

> I've got a cable modem (about 2 Mbit/sec after 11PM), a CD/RW burner and
> a couple of CD/RW blanks, so I'm all set for downloads.
>
> Just tell me where to start.

>From http://www.de.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

What can I do to help?

Debian-Installer is in need of your help.
We need both C and shell hackers in addition to translations, and documentation.
( and of course testers )

    * Sign up to the debian-boot mailing list and introduce yourself.
    * Get a CVS checkout of Debian-Installer
    * Check the TODO for tasks needing attention.
    * Fix any of the d-i tagged bug reports in the Debian BTS.

> Enjoy!

Thanks, have fun with hacking the d-i

> Rick

Geert Stappers