Re: not releasing powerpc (Re: beta3 released)

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 06:44, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:19:59AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:26:18AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok. Still, there is no chance that the pmac subarch suddenly works, if
> > > no one with pmac hardware does regular full installation cycles.
> >
> > I have an interest in seeing pmac work well in sarge, so I'll test
> > frequently from now until final release.
>
> Ok, thanks

I have an interest in seeing oldworld power macs work, and I have a
PowerMac 6500 and beige Mac G3 tower I can dedicate to the task.  I
don't have the expertise or the time (only about an hour a night,
realistically) to do anything but testing -- follow fairly explicit
directions and report results -- but I'm willing to do what I can.

I've got a cable modem (about 2 Mbit/sec after 11PM), a CD/RW burner and
a couple of CD/RW blanks, so I'm all set for downloads.

Just tell me where to start.

Enjoy!

Rick