Re: not releasing powerpc (Re: beta3 released)

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:26:18AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:44:20PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Rather than say that beta3 supports only netboot and businesscard
> > installs for prep and chrp, I've dropped the whole thing. If the powerpc
> > people would like to release in a week, I suggest you get your act
> > together and begin testing full installs on all powerpc subarches.
>
> Ok. Still, there is no chance that the pmac subarch suddenly works, if
> no one with pmac hardware does regular full installation cycles.

I have an interest in seeing pmac work well in sarge, so I'll test
frequently from now until final release.

Incidentally, do we offer 2.6 on any architecture at the moment? My
laptop needs that to be able to run X. (Not a showstopper as such, since
I think it still also needs Michel Dänzer's xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk
package anyway ...)