Re: not releasing powerpc (Re: beta3 released)

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:19:59AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:26:18AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:44:20PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > Rather than say that beta3 supports only netboot and businesscard
> > > installs for prep and chrp, I've dropped the whole thing. If the powerpc
> > > people would like to release in a week, I suggest you get your act
> > > together and begin testing full installs on all powerpc subarches.
> >
> > Ok. Still, there is no chance that the pmac subarch suddenly works, if
> > no one with pmac hardware does regular full installation cycles.
>
> I have an interest in seeing pmac work well in sarge, so I'll test
> frequently from now until final release.

Ok, thanks.

> Incidentally, do we offer 2.6 on any architecture at the moment? My

Not yet. I am working on a 2.6.3-benh debian kernel (there doesn't seem
to be a 2.6.4 powerpc kernel yet, neither from benh nor from linuxppc).

> laptop needs that to be able to run X. (Not a showstopper as such, since
> I think it still also needs Michel Dänzer's xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk
> package anyway ...)

Mmm, i always wondered why Michel doesn't do an official package out of
this one.

Friendly,

Sven Luther