Re: beta 2 update

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 08:16:39PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Christian Perrier wrote:

> >Lower debconf priority and the boot loader installation entries will
> >show up on main-menu.

> Wouldn't you admit that this is _very_ hard to find?

Do you really think that choosing a bootloader should be a question
posed to novice installers?  The system should just pick one that works
and install it.

Whether lilo should be "the one that works" is a different matter.

> >lilo is still the default boot loader (no idea whether this is
> >supposed to change) but grub is definitely a possible choice.

> I tried the sarge netinst CD of this morning: There was no
> choice whether I want to get Lilo or Grub. After installing
> the base packets it requested to write a boot sector using
> Lilo. I could not even cancel this operation. IMHO this should
> be changed.

This is when booting in expert mode (DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium)?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer