Re: German translation for d-i

Hello,
On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 10:18:51PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 09:13:26PM +0100, Jan Lübbe wrote:
> [...]
> > So i downloaded these files and i could start translating them with
> > i.e. gtranslator (which looks quite easy to use).
> > Against which package should i file the bug? debian-installer?

<snip>

>   * debian-installer_*_de.po are de.po files for all debian-installer
>     components.  Their name is obtained by replacing / by _ in file
>     full path (but the debian/po part is removed), e.g.
>     debian-installer_tools_lilo-installer_de.po is similar to
>     debian-installer/tools/lilo-installer/debian/po/de.po and package
>     name is lilo-installer, so you should file a bug against this
>     package.  Please flag your bugreports with the d-i tag.

Well, this does *not* work. I (and others) did some translations for
d.i. Since there is no interface for translaters like DDTP, I filed
bugs. Now those bugs are wandering through BTS and it seems to be a
random walk. My translation is now a year old and still not considered
 -- quite the opposite: I recently tried to get it included but
everyone told me, that he is not responsible and that I should find
the person responsible.

I recently sent a mail to debian-boot
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2003/debian-boot-200312/msg00063.html
in an attempt to understand where those bugs are supposed to go (and
also in the case of the aboot-installer who is maintaining it) but I
did not get a response (it is "only" a fortnight ago, btw.).

For me, d-i is not very friendly to work with currently. I'd rather
prefer to have a single address (person, mail robot, whatever) to send
my translations to than just expect mere coincidence (and lots of
people telling me to find someone else).

I really like to help translating, but first I like to know if there
is a chance that these translations are actually included.

Greetings

          Helge

P.S. How is the french team handling this?

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger kreutzm@rigel.itp.uni-hannover.de