d-i bugs without corresponding packages/aboot-installer

Hello,
I am working on the aboot-package, which got bug #173016 assigned to it.
There seems to be some yet unreleased aboot-installer-package to which
the bug really belongs. Since the patch (by coincidence also from me) in
#173016 is probably out of date (c.f. bug #218208 which has a similar
problem of no package) I can update it -- but first I'd like to know:

a) Which is the proper package to assign this bug to? There are
   (translatable) templates in d-i, but I was told that d-i itself
   does not qualify for receiving bugs but rather individual packages.
   How are parts of d-i handled for which no packages exist?

b) If there is an aboot-installer-package in the works, should this
   stay separate or should it be integrated in the aboot-package
   itself? In the latter case the current maintainer of
   aboot-installer should contact me so we can start working on the
   integration.

Similar bugs without packages are 215421 and 218567 (the latter
for silo-installer). Also I was asked to point out 172378.

Once CVS is up again and a) has been clarified, I can update the
german translation. If there is an automatic way to find out if
the translation went out of date I can also "subscribe" to it and
update the translation if necessary.

Please CC: me as I am not subscribed.

Greetings

         Helge