Re: CDs not bootable when attempting to install sarge using new debian install

On 2003-11-29, Santiago Garcia Mantinan <manty@manty.net> wrote:
>> Just the BETA-1 20031109 release doesn't boot.
>
> That is really weird, can you tell the message it outputs?
> Not that I expect it to tell us much, but...

There is no message.
The computer behaves like if there was no CD in the drive, or like if
there was an unbootable CD in the drive. Just boots from hard disk (if
I set "CDROM,C" booting order of course).  I've recorded it three
times, on three different CD-media, with three different programs, one
of them under an infamous non-libre non-operating system my friend had
on the computer before we installed Debian.

All three copies booted OK in a different computer (the one we
recorded it on and on a different one too). All three copies had no
effect on my ASUS TX97-X mainboard based computer, it booted like if
there was no CD in the drive.

regards,

--
    Miernik         ________________________ jabber:miernik@amessage.info