Re: CDs not bootable when attempting to install sarge using new debian install

> > isolinux just doesn't work with all BIOSes. Knoppix has either
> > syslinux or a different version of isolinux.

Knoppix uses in all their versions up to now a floppy emulation boot, with a
1.44 floppy image.

> I have the same problem in my ASUS TX97-X mainboard BIOS (AWARD), but
> only with the BETA-1 release of debian-installer.
>
> The newer 2003-11-19 snapshot boots OK. Both are ISOLINUX 1.75.

Umm, when you say the "2003-11-19 snapshot" you are talking about debian,
not knoppix, right?

Are you sure that the one you have uses isolinux 1.75?

I just don't see why could beta-1 fail and not the 19th november version :-?
If we are talking about booting, that is.

The cds are built the same way, and eve though I may have changed things in
the building machine, I have not changed anything that could change the way
on which the images are supposed to boot, at least not until the 20th, when
I was testing with a debug version of isolinux 2.04, but that's when we had
the problems with the machines :-(

I'd like to further investigate all this, in fact I'm reading "El torito"
specs to get more info in all this, so I'd like to know all the people
having problems with the images, so that I can talk to them and have them
test new versions and things like that.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net