Re: CDs not bootable when attempting to install sarge using new debian install

Jeffrey Barish <jeffbarish@starband.net> writes:

> In every case, my machine gets to the point where it should boot from
> CD, but it goes past it and boots either from fd (if one is installed)
> or hd.  The machine will boot from a knoppix CD, so the problem is not
> in my BIOS settings.  Any suggestions?

The problem is your BIOS.

isolinux just doesn't work with all BIOSes. Knoppix has either
syslinux or a different version of isolinux.

Other bugs have been filed about this and its being investigated, keep
trying.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: I hope you have CDrw.