Re: CDs not bootable when attempting to install sarge using new debian install

On 2003-11-26, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> In every case, my machine gets to the point where it should boot from
>> CD, but it goes past it and boots either from fd (if one is installed)
>> or hd.  The machine will boot from a knoppix CD, so the problem is not
>> in my BIOS settings.  Any suggestions?
>
> The problem is your BIOS.
>
> isolinux just doesn't work with all BIOSes. Knoppix has either
> syslinux or a different version of isolinux.

I have the same problem in my ASUS TX97-X mainboard BIOS (AWARD), but
only with the BETA-1 release of debian-installer.

The newer 2003-11-19 snapshot boots OK. Both are ISOLINUX 1.75.

BTW: when booting 2003-11-19 snapshot, type

linux DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium

at the LILO prompt, and choose a QWERTY keyboard when prompted,
becasue it defaults to DROVAK.

KNOPPIX 2003-11-19-BETA is SYSLINUX 2.04 and also boots OK.

--
    Miernik         ________________________ jabber:miernik@amessage.info
___________________/__ tel: +48608233394 __/      mailto:miernik@ctnet.pl