Re: [ppc] ppcdetect not found and latest iso freeze during the boot

Am Sam, den 18.10.2003 schrieb Arnaud Vandyck um 13:47:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:09:16 +0200
> Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@soziologie.ch> wrote:
>
> > Am Sam, den 18.10.2003 schrieb Arnaud Vandyck um 00:28:
> > > It's three  days I can't  boot the daily  image, it 'infinite  loop' and
> > > console flash during the boot.
> > I'm not sure if this is a known bug. Can you please describe what
> > happens in more detail?
>
> No  because the  system is  booting and  (I think)  before  starting the
> installer (sorry for the words, I do not know the terminology), it seems
> to  loop and  the console  flashes... but  with the  manually  image, it
> works.

I can confirm this bug in the latest daily images. It is fixed in the
packages in sid because it does not happen if I build the installer
myself, but the build-scripts for the daily images are broken. The
latest image is from 10/13/2003.

gaudenz