[ppc] ppcdetect not found and latest iso freeze during the boot [was: Re: share partition between macosx and debian]

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:13:41 +0200
Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@soziologie.ch> wrote:

> Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> > Last thing, I'll  probably use Branden Robinson's help  page to install,
> > but is there  any documentation about the new  debian-installer? Maybe I
> > can try it and help with a report?
> You can find debian-installer images on
> http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/powerpc/
> Any testing and installation reports to debian-boot@lists.debian.org
> would be appreciated. There are manually updated "working" images and
> automatically updated daily images. They daily images are a bit wonky at
> the moment because we had some library transitions.

It's three  days I can't  boot the daily  image, it 'infinite  loop' and
console flash during the boot.

With the  manually updated working  image, everything was  perfect until
installing  the kernel... if  I recall,  it was  ppcdetect that  was not
found.

Did you know these problems?

Where do you think I can download a new CD image?

I did the boot with openfirmware, is it supposed to autoboot?

Best regards,

--
  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 : :' :     Arnaud   Vandyck