Re: [ppc] ppcdetect not found and latest iso freeze during the boot

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@soziologie.ch> writes:

> Am Sam, den 18.10.2003 schrieb Arnaud Vandyck um 13:47:
> > On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:09:16 +0200
> > Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@soziologie.ch> wrote:

> > > I'm not sure if this is a known bug. Can you please describe what
> > > happens in more detail?
> >
> > No  because the  system is  booting and  (I think)  before  starting the
> > installer (sorry for the words, I do not know the terminology), it seems
> > to  loop and  the console  flashes... but  with the  manually  image, it
> > works.
> >
> I can confirm this bug in the latest daily images. It is fixed in the
> packages in sid because it does not happen if I build the installer
> myself, but the build-scripts for the daily images are broken. The
> latest image is from 10/13/2003.
>
> gaudenz

Please checkout the mrvn branch and build that. You will have to add
some pkg-lists and media-lists but as owner of a powerpc your probably
more qualified to adapt the i386 ones to powerpc tha I am.

So far only Sven Luther did one testrun and I fixed the bugs he
reported (i think). I waiting for feedback. Given the old build script
doesn't seem to work anymore getting the new one under way seems
important.

MfG
        Goswin