Re: updated powerpc debian-installer builds

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:48:25PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> I tried mounting my partition at /cdrom, but the kernel doesn't
> have hfs compiled in. I think we need to correct this, powerpc
> users will always want to be able to access hfs partitions on
> their drive.

Please file a bug report against the kernel requesting an
hfs-module udeb.

> If I get a chance to burn a CD at work, I'll try it with a real CD.
>
> I tried the netinst iso next, but got about the same results.
> When I switched to console 2, there was a repeating message:
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-1

It's missing the unix socket module, which is supposed to be
compiled in to the kernel in an upcoming kernel package.  In the
meantime, I've included the socket-modules udeb.

> That might explain why there weren't any Configure Network items
> in the menu.

Network support is not included on the CDROM image.  It is added
once you run "Load installer modules".

--
Matt