Re: updated powerpc debian-installer builds

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 02:38:45PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just updated my webpage[1] with the debian-installer images for
> powerpc. The images contain the d-i udebs (modules) that are currently
> in the archive. Please test the installer and report bugs. There are
> probably plenty of them.
>
> gaudenz
>
> [1] http://www.soziologie.ch/users/steinlin/d-i/

I tried this one out on my iMac, but didn't get too far.  The boot
stops right after finding and mounting the ramdisk image; it says
Warning: console cannot be opened.

I noticed that the vmlinux you have on the site downloaded to my
machine in text/plain format. Do you think that might corrupt it?  The
images on the debian ftp server are named *.bin so that programs
download them in binary format.

I didn't try it by netbooting, but instead by putting the files
(vmlinux, yaboot, yaboot.conf, net-initrd.gz) on an hfs partition
and then pointing OpenFirmware to them directly:

boot hd:10,yaboot

Will the net-initrd.gz work in this case?

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People