Re: Building d-i as a package

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 08:12, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Alastair McKinstry]
> >> It's not clear to me if you intend for the package to include the whole
> >> debian-installer source tree, or just the build directory.
> > Just the build directory.
>
> I believe I've seen some buildd maintainers complain about packages
> requiring network access when building from source.  We might run into
> problems with the buildd being unable to fetch the udebs.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I can fix the build process for that.

> And I am fairly sure the buildd is compiling as a normal user and not
> root.  This will at the moment make it impossible to build the boot
> floppies.  I suspect this package will fail to build on all platforms
> until mtools/syslinux will work on an image instead of a loopback
> mounted device.

Hmm. More work than I had hoped to have to do. But if it has to be done,
it'll be done.

--
Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@computer.org>
GPG Key fingerprint = 9E64 E714 8E08 81F9 F3DC  1020 FA8E 3790 9051 38F4

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself.

- --Thomas Paine