Re: How I want languagechooser to behave

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 11:51:01PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[...]
> > Does this mean that LANGUAGE is fully determined by this locale, or
> > can it be edited?
>
> I want it to be fully determined by the locale, and do not see the
> need to edit it manually.  Do you think the first time users need to
> edit this list of fallback translations?

Here is a proposal for this specific issue:
  a.  User selects his preferred language (currently language-first)
  b.  If it matches some specific languages which have predefined LANGUAGE
      combinations (i.e. mostly Scandinavian languages), display a
      select template which looks like
Choices: no:nb:nn:dk:sv, no:nn:nb:dk:sv, no:nn:nb:sv:dk, Manual selection
  c.  If the last choice is selected or if initial language has no
      predefined LANGUAGE combinations, display language-addtolist and loop
      until selection is over.

Denis