Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 01:12:24AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Eduard Bloch
>
> | #include <hallo.h>
> | Tollef Fog Heen wrote on Wed Jul 17, 2002 um 09:25:19AM:
> |
> | > Are you, or somebody else ready to continue developing b-f?  Note,
> | > _developing_, not maintaining.  I am not willing to do that.  I want
> | > to make d-i happen, however.
> |
> | What do you understand under "developing"?
>
> Adding support for EVMS, LVM, the Hurd, *BSD as a start.  Add various
> frontends to it -- both text-only and GUI ones.
>
> I don't think you can reasonably do that within todays boot-floppies.

we don't need real developing in b-f. B-f should only a fall back for
sarge, if d-i is not ready.

Please don't add new features like LVM etc. to b-f. Maybe fix some bugs
(like the language chooser). The Hurt and BSD people should work with
d-i and make improvments on this development (and not on b-f).

Use it only as fall back.

> | It does what it has been designed for.
>
> it hasn't been designed.

maybe, but it work and you get a debian system running. Without hardware
detection, without real language support, without LVM, without GUI, ...
but it work.

You get debian and it is easy.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
BSD - Wenn Ihr Linux-Root nach dem Sandmännchen schon ins Bett musste...