Re: About the infinite loop

* Eduard Bloch

| This pressure is caused by some kind wrong handling of development
| threes.
|
|  - There is currently no unstable where you can really test new stuff
|    without risking to get it into Testing.

experimental is meant for this, but I think we need to make it easier
to run selected packages from experimental, or just expose it more
than we do today.

The other how is to file a serious bug saying «not ready for testing»
and if you ever discover that the version is testing is broken then
either upload to testing-updates or use an epoch and reupload a fixed
version of the old package.

The unability to move a critical fix directly into testing is
sometimes _very_ annoying, but I am not sure how to work around it and
still ending up with a usable and good system.

--
Tollef Fog Heen                                                  ,''`.
                                                                : :' :