Re: bf 3.0.19-idepci: modconf and language

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 04:55:18PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>

> > > Ugh.  Should we have totally different messages for the `first'
> > > and `second' cases?
> >
> > No. Just assign "eins", "zwei",... to %d - or "Nummer eins", "Nummer
> > zwei" if you like.
>
> The problem is - this requires new code, german specific code and cannot
> be sovled with with gettext only. Who cares abou this? Okay, our gramar
> requires to write single-worded numbers in letters, but why not even use
> "Diskette Nr. %d"?

There are instances in which this really isn't appropriate,
e.g.:

 Please place the %s in the %s floppy drive.

There is already an *old* bug report for this construction
causing translation problems[1].  We should fix it The Right Way
(TM).

Matt

1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=29277