Re: bf 3.0.19-idepci: modconf and language

#include <hallo.h>
Frank Fürst wrote on Tue Mar 26, 2002 um 04:47:53PM:

> >>  Die basedeb-Dateien werden von dem %sn Diskettenlaufwerk kopiert.\n
> >>  Bitte legen Sie die Base-Diskette %d ein.
> >
> > Ugh.  Should we have totally different messages for the `first'
> > and `second' cases?
>
> No. Just assign "eins", "zwei",... to %d - or "Nummer eins", "Nummer
> zwei" if you like.

The problem is - this requires new code, german specific code and cannot
be sovled with with gettext only. Who cares abou this? Okay, our gramar
requires to write single-worded numbers in letters, but why not even use
"Diskette Nr. %d"?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness, Impatience,
and Hubris"                              (from the man-page for perl).