Re: 3.0.20 release soon

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 08:54:48PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 05:48:46PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 16:26, David Kimdon wrote:
> > > I think a release would be a great idea.  I'd really like to see a few
> > > releases of b-f without RC bugs before we release woody.  We
> > > definately need to make sure the 3 or so remaining RC bugs are fixed
> > > before releaseing 3.0.20, IMO.
> >
> > Agreed.
> >
> > What's the situation with #132990 and the 2.4 white screens of death, do
> > we have any traction on that bug yet?  Out of the four "serious" bugs
> > that's the only one that causes me any real concern.  #132671 is
> > obviously just a case of the sparc people getting their collective
> > finger out and making a new build.  #123948/#133935 is the cdrom
> > detection thing; we certainly have the technology to fix that, even if
> > we don't have complete agreement from the people building custom disk
> > sets about what the behaviour should be.
> >
> > We're also accumulating quite a selection of powerpc-specific bugs,
> > notably #138258, #131709, #132683, #134014, #135626.  None of these are
> > marked RC, but the first one in particular seems like perhaps it should
> > be.  Is anybody from the ppc camp looking at these?
> >
> > p.
>
> I'm pretty sure Colin has a handle on 132683. 134014 isn't being
> reported by anyone else, so it may be unique to that hardware. It
> doesn't occur on my newworld mac. I'll recheck 135626 and 132683 as
> soon as I can get a build completed. (I need ppc versions of
> cfdisk-utf8 and nano-tiny-utf8 - I'll build them myself if I get a
> chance.)

cfdisk builds for me, but nano-bf doesn't. First it complained about
duplicaet entries in the control file. It did look like there were
3 or 4 extra entries in there, so I removed them. Then it griped:

dpkg-source: per-package paragraph 2 in control info file is missing
package line.

I don't have a clue. Jordi? I also don't know why the autobuilders
haven't picked it up yet. Maybe it has the same errors there.