Re: whiptail/dialog/modconf in bterm break on latin1 chars

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 08:33:04PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> Yes, it was failing to call setlocale().  It also has some problems related
> to calculating string lengths which are non-fatal but irritating.  And it
> turns out that whiptail's own messages are not internationalised, so
> things like the "Yes / No" buttons show up in English regardless of locale.

I noticed it also but not with boot-floppies. It's showing
non-internationalised "Yes/No" buttons in every debconf interface I
played with. And as I'm translating a lot of them lately I can really
say that it's annoying. All these problems using the debconf dialog
interface.

> Right now, since stability is our main concern, I agree.  I'll file some
> bugs against newt in hopes that we might be able to get modconf i18n'd in
> a woody point release.

If we could just get fully i18n'd modconf it would be cool and I guess
we'll got internationalised debconf buttons as a plus.

--
André Luís Lopes
andrelop at ig dot com dot br