Re: default language setting on a fresh system [was: Re: base-config cruft cleanup]

Marcin Owsiany schrieb:
> The problem is that for bash by default,
>
>  login shells source _only_			.bash_profile, and
>  interactive _non-login_ shells source _only_	.bashrc
>
> I suggest that we write the language used for installation to
> /etc/default/language and work with shell, display manager etc.
> /package maintainers, so that these programs will source this file
> in user rc files (if applicable).

Something like ~/.environment would probably make more sense,
since other things could be placed in there as well, that are
needed for applications started from a menu (like CVSHOME with
some X11 CVS client (ok, bad example)). This could be sourced by
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/S90something and .bash_profile.

ciao, 2ri
--
/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign