base-config cruft cleanup

I want to check and see if some of the uglier cruft in base-config can
be removed for the woody boot-floppies. Can anyone verify:

- If LANG is set, will it be properly set to a ll_LL form? Base-config
  had some code to deal with the ll form, which broke perl. (I've
  already removed that code.)

- Have any new settings been added to /root/dbootstrap_settings that I
  should deal with?

- This code probably better belongs in console-tools or something. Do I
  still need to keep it?

        # Keyboard configuration.
        # TODO: this doesn't belong here.
        if [ ! -e /etc/console-tools/default.kmap.gz ]; then
                if [ "$KEYBD" ]; then
                        # do automatic configuration
                        loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/${KEYBD}.kmap.gz
                        dumpkeys > /etc/console-tools/default.kmap
                        gzip -9fv /etc/console-tools/default.kmap
                elif [ "$SERIALCONSOLE" ]; then
                        # we are on serial console -- no kbd config at all
                        dpkg --purge console-data console-tools console-tools-libs \
                            </dev/tty >/dev/tty || true
                elif [ ! -f /etc/console-tools/default.kmap.gz -a -f /bin/loadkeys ]; then
                        # no file -- ask user
                        kbdconfig </dev/tty >/dev/tty || true
                        if ! loadkeys /etc/console-tools/default.kmap.gz; then
                                db_input critical base-config/keymap-failed
                                db_go
                        fi
                fi
        fi

- Is pcmcia handled more sanely now that we use debootstrap? It used to not
  be in a package, just dumped onto the filesystem, so I have this code:

        echo pcmcia-cs purge | dpkg --set-selections
        echo pcmcia-modules-`uname -r` purge | dpkg --set-selections
        # In a sane world, I would not need to do this. Welcome to my world.
        rm -rf /etc/pcmcia /lib/modules/`uname -r`/pcmcia
        depmod -a >/dev/null || true
        # Delete lines above if/when those files are registed with dpkg.

- From my TODO:

  * Aph can add dboostrap_settings info that says where they got base.tgz
    from. This might be able to be used to tell where the archive they used is.

  Updating that thought to the present, if debootstrap downloads packages from
  the net, we know whatever server it used works for this system, and if that
  server could be written to dboostrap_settings, it would make a good default
  for apt-setup.

--
see shy jo