Re: [install report] 2.2.4-2000-01-03 (en) (A ToDo list)

Thanks for your comments.  I have changed the system as follows:

  /* Oflag:  1 == 2.0 compat; 0 == 2.2 only */
  Oflag = 0;
  if ( bootargs.isverbose ) {
    sprintf(prtbuf, _("This 2.2 version of the Linux kernel has new \"ext2\" filesystem features not present in earlier kernel versions. Using these features, however, means that you can no longer run earlier kernels, such as Linux 2.0. Do you want to retain Linux kernel 2.0 compatability?"),
	  p->name);
    Oflag = yesNoBox(prtbuf, _("Pre-2.2 Linux Kernel Compatibility?"));
  }

Thus, 2.0 compat is retained by default.

As you can see, the question is only answered if the verbose flag is
passed.

I guess it could be argued that this question should be asked by
default but I don't really think it should.  What we're talking about
here is whether mke2fs enables the following features, from the man
page:

              The following features are supported: sparse_super,
              which cause the filesystem to use sparse superblocks,
              and filetype, which will cause the filesystem to store
              file type information in directory entries.

I don't think anyone but experts should care, thus these features are
inhibited unless the verbose flag is passed>

Any other comments?