Re: [install report] 2.2.4-2000-01-03 (en) (A ToDo list)

Hi.

 karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>     Adam> karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
>     >> I think that the "Pre-2.2 Linux Kernel Compatibility?" ought to
>     >> default to <No> rather than <Yes>.
>
>     Adam> Fixed in CVS.
>
>  Ok.

Is this OK ? I doubt this.

 (Quoted from utilities/dbootstrap/partition_config.c, starting at line 244:)

  sprintf(prtbuf, _("This version (2.2) of the Linux kernel has new \"ext2\" filesystem features not present in earlier versions. If you intend to use an earlier kernel version (e.g. 2.0), these features should be turned off. Do you want 2.2 kernel specific features to be turned off for %s?"),
          p->name);
  if ( ! bootargs.isquiet ) {
    Oflag = 1;
  } else {
    Oflag = yesNoBox(prtbuf, _("Pre-2.2 Linux Kernel Compatibility?"));
  }

According to this code, when bootargs.isquiet == 1, i.e. when "quiet" is
specified as the command line option (of kernel) for this installer, then
 yesNoBox is displayed to prompt the question, otherwise, the prompt will
not be shown (because yesNoBox is skipped).

I think these lines should be changed into

  Oflag = 1;
  if ( bootargs.isverbose ) {
  sprintf(prtbuf, _("This version (2.2) of the Linux kernel has new \"ext2\" filesystem features not present in earlier versions. If you intend to use an earlier kernel version (e.g. 2.0), these features should be turned off. Do you want 2.2 kernel specific features to be turned off for %s?"),
          p->name);
    Oflag = yesNoBox(prtbuf, _("Pre-2.2 Linux Kernel Compatibility?"));
  }

if this question should be skipped unless verbose option is specified.

 (I'm not so sure if this question should be skipped though...)

Sincerely.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>