Re: [install report] 2.2.4-2000-01-03 (en) (A ToDo list)

    Adam> karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
    >> I think that the "Pre-2.2 Linux Kernel Compatibility?" ought to
    >> default to <No> rather than <Yes>.

    Adam> Fixed in CVS.

 Ok.

    >> When it went black to run `mke2fs' on the hard drive partition,
    >> it stair-stepped.  The terminal modes ought to be explicitly
    >> set then to prevent it.

    Adam> Cannot reproduce.

 Nor can I.  If I see it again, I'll let you know.

    >> `netfetch' is pretty useless for installing the OS and modules,
    >> since, even though it will allow you to configure the network,
    >> (say something useful here) there is not a driver for the
    >> network card installed, as far as I can tell.

    Adam> Don't be so x86-centric.  Alternatively, you can use it to
    Adam> install base, after you have your enet driver loaded.

 Oh, I see.  On other platforms, the network card might be standard
 enough that it's always built into the kernel.  I never would have
 thought of that.

    >> In the paragraph printed by `emacs' and `vi', "you may" is
    >> hanging off the right edge of the rest of the paragraph.  It
    >> should be reformatted.

    Adam> No idea what you're talking about.

 Alt-F2, vi, and it prints a message.  The paragraph it prints is a
 block of text several lines long, most of the lines are about the same width,
 but one line is longer than the others, with a couple of words
 hanging off to the right.

    >> The /i386 directory is owned by group 1001, rather than `root'.

    Adam> Cannot reproduce from CVS.

 Ok.