Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> > But for the metapackage creation for the moment this is OK (except
> > ginkgocadx).
> >
> > udd=> select distinct p.package, p.distribution, p.component, r.role  from
> packages p join releases r on p.release=r.release where
> p.package='ginkgocadx';
>
>   package   | distribution | component |   role
> ------------+--------------+-----------+----------
>  ginkgocadx | debian       | main      | unstable
>  ginkgocadx | debian       | main      | stable
>
> By default I am generating the metapackages using role='testing' that's why
> ginkgocadx does not appear.

Well, you are right.  I guess it was kicked due some Dependencies.
However, it should show up in Suggests at least.  I understood you like
it would have been missing also from Suggests (but may be I
missunderstood).

Yes you right, ginkgocadx in the above case does not appear into Suggests, when I join the packages table I explicitly use releases.role='testing' (or any other role) so only packages for this role appear. So should I include such  packages(which are available for some architectures in debian/main but not in the selected role(release) ) like that into Suggests? If yes I should change the sql of sec-blend-gen-control then.

Kind regards

Emmanouil