Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

With the exception of ginkgocadx which is definitely in Debian this is
correct.  That the other packages are actually missing makes me aware
that we really need to finalise my plan to completely inject all data
inside the tasks files into UDD.  When parsing the tasks files and
finding some packages that are in no other table (not only in
blends_prospectivepackages) we either need to create another table or
append the data to blends_prospectivepackages and using a flag whether
these re coming from machine_readable gatherer or are just data from the
tasks files.

 OK, I am not quite sure what is more preferable but with a first thought storing these packages into blends_prospectivepackages with a flag sounds better.

But for the metapackage creation for the moment this is OK (except
ginkgocadx).

udd=> select distinct p.package, p.distribution, p.component, r.role  from packages p join releases r on p.release=r.release where p.package='ginkgocadx';

  package   | distribution | component |   role
 ginkgocadx | debian       | main      | unstable
 ginkgocadx | debian       | main      | stable

By default I am generating the metapackages using role='testing' that's why ginkgocadx does not appear.

Kind regards

Emmanouil