Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hi Emmanouil,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:18:38PM +0300, Emmanouil Kiagias wrote:

> > With the exception of ginkgocadx which is definitely in Debian this is
> > correct.  That the other packages are actually missing makes me aware
> > that we really need to finalise my plan to completely inject all data
> > inside the tasks files into UDD.  When parsing the tasks files and
> > finding some packages that are in no other table (not only in
> > blends_prospectivepackages) we either need to create another table or
> > append the data to blends_prospectivepackages and using a flag whether
> > these re coming from machine_readable gatherer or are just data from the
> > tasks files.
> >
>  OK, I am not quite sure what is more preferable but with a first thought
> storing these packages into blends_prospectivepackages with a flag sounds
> better.

Thanks for sharing your preference.  I do also tend somehow in this
direction because the tables might be quite similar regarding their data
structure.

On the other hand UDD has some philosophy of having some kind of one
table per importer philosophy.  So the import processes of the machine
readable gatherer that fetches stuff from Blends teams VCSes is quite
different than parsing tasks files.  I might finally end up with having
different tables and join them inside a view which makes the handling
regarding metapackage creation quite simple.

> > But for the metapackage creation for the moment this is OK (except
> > ginkgocadx).
> >
> > udd=> select distinct p.package, p.distribution, p.component, r.role  from
> packages p join releases r on p.release=r.release where
> p.package='ginkgocadx';
>
>   package   | distribution | component |   role
>  ginkgocadx | debian       | main      | unstable
>  ginkgocadx | debian       | main      | stable
>
> By default I am generating the metapackages using role='testing' that's why
> ginkgocadx does not appear.

Well, you are right.  I guess it was kicked due some Dependencies.
However, it should show up in Suggests at least.  I understood you like
it would have been missing also from Suggests (but may be I
missunderstood).